What does it take to become a successful woman in finance or tech? How can women get ahead in these fields?
Women have always played a vital role in shaping our society, economy, and culture. In recent years, however, they have begun to break into traditionally male-dominated industries such as banking, law, medicine, engineering, and science.
As the number of female professionals continues to rise, the question remains: Why aren’t more women pursuing careers in STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics)? The answer lies in the lack of mentorship and support from parents, teachers, and peers.
Our Master Scholarships for Women in Finance and Technology are awarded to exceptional female candidates who demonstrate strong academic achievement across all of our campuses.
The scholarships are open to women pursuing a bachelor’s degree at any of our five U.S. campuses, or an MBA at the University of Chicago Booth School of Business. Applicants must be enrolled full-time at one of our schools as of September 1, 2018.
Scholarship Description: The scholarship is awarded annually to outstanding women students from the United States who plan to pursue graduate study in finance or technology. In addition to financial support, each recipient will receive mentoring opportunities with professionals working in the fields of finance and technology.
– $10,000 scholarship awarded annually to one female student majoring in finance or technology.
– Deadline is April 1st each year.
– The winner will be announced on May 15th.
Awarded the following scholarships:
Women in Finance and Technology Master Scholarships cover full tuition fees for up to two years for students who maintain the academic progress requirements.
Summer research experience is a great way to develop your skills and knowledge while getting hands-on experience in a new field. It also gives you the opportunity to meet people from different backgrounds and cultures, which helps you build networks that could lead to future collaborations.
- Female candidates with strong academic records
- are eligible to apply for admissions to the following programs:
- This scholarship will also take into account the BI Presidential Scholarship and the MSc International Scholarship. A separate letter of application is not required.
Describe how your academic record qualifies you for consideration in your one-page scholarship application letter. Include details about your academic background (e.g., GPA, undergraduate majors/minors), extracurricular activities, leadership roles, community involvement, professional experience, and other relevant information.
I am writing this letter to express my interest in applying for the Women in Finance and Tech Master Scholarships. I have been studying at the University of Birmingham since 2014 and I am currently doing my second year of my Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting & Finance. I am looking forward to receiving the scholarship because it would help me achieve my goal of becoming an accountant. I believe that through the support of the scholarship, I can gain more confidence and improve my skills in accounting and finance.
Deadline for applications:
You need to submit your application for admission, including any scholarships you’re applying for, by March 1.
Please note that only successful applicants will be notified of their acceptance or rejection. If you are interested in applying for multiple scholarships, please make sure to submit all applications before the deadline.
The Women in Finance and Tech master scholarship provides financial assistance to female students who wish to pursue a career in finance or technology. The program aims to encourage women to enter careers in these fields and provide them with the necessary training and mentoring to succeed in their chosen profession.
The scholarship covers tuition fees, accommodation costs, living expenses, travel grants, and a monthly stipend. Students will also receive guidance on how to prepare for interviews and job searches after graduation.
To qualify for the scholarship, applicants must demonstrate potential for success in the field of finance or technology. Applicants should show evidence of strong analytical thinking, critical reasoning, communication skills, and interpersonal relationships. They must also demonstrate high motivation and commitment to achieving their goals.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
• Be enrolled as full time student in a UK university
• Have achieved a minimum 2.1 GPA in previous studies
• Be able to work part-time during the course
• Be willing to commit to working in the UK for 3 years post-graduation
• Be able to provide proof of financial hardship
• Be able to prove English proficiency
• Be able to pay the tuition fee for the duration of the programme
• Be able to fund yourself while studying
How to Apply?
We look forward to hearing from you!
Dr. Anastasia Tzortziou
Assistant Director, International Recruitment
University of Birmingham
The selection of recipients is as follows:
1. All authors who have made substantial contributions to the work reported in the manuscript, and who will be listed on the submitted manuscript.
2. Authors whose names are already included on the list of authors for this article.
3. The corresponding author (the senior author) if he/she has not been listed on the first line of authorship.
4. If there are more than four co-authors, then the order of listing should follow that of the alphabetical order of their last name.
5. If there are less than four co-authors or if the corresponding author is listed on the first line, then the order of authors should be determined by the contribution they have made to the study.
6. For each author, we request information about his/her current position, affiliation, email address, telephone number, and postal address.
7. Please specify whether you are an employee of the institution where you do research, or if you are self-employed.
8. We ask for the publication history of the paper, including the journals it was published in, the volume numbers, page numbers, and the year of publication.
9. Please state whether the paper is currently under review at another journal.
10. Please indicate whether the paper is still in press, or has been accepted for publication.
11. Please describe briefly the type of research conducted in your laboratory.